Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs howling

----- Original Message -----
From: <merrirfav@icehouse.net>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 10:55 AM
Subject: re: [pyrnet] Pyrs howling

> > ** Original Subject: [pyrnet] Pyrs howling
> > ** Original Sender: mapleway@iolinc.net (McConnell, Chrissy)
> > ** Original Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:45:42 -0700
>
> > Does anyone else's Pyrs howl?
> >
> > Chrissy

The one and only time I have ever heard Beau howl was three days after I got
him. He woke me up around 3 a.m. by panting heavily into my face. I thought
he needed to go potty. So I followed him to the front door and let him out.
The minute the door opened he let out a sound somewhere between a howl and a
growl and bound out on to the porch and over the railing. He charged around
the side of the house. And I heard the BANG! RATTLE, RATTLE sound as someone
went over the chainlink fence in a really big hurry. He then howled as they
ran for their lives! It was a very eerie and unearthly sound.. Like the
hound of the Baskervilles.

Needless to say, no one has come into the yard since. And I was amazed at
how smart, and sneaky he was about it. He didn't bark while in the house. It
was like he did not want to alert the trespasser that he was there. Until I
let him outside. Needless to say he cemented his place in our family that
day!
Marie and Beau