RE: [pyrnet] Hi, I'm new here

 I still think that I was meant to pick Zeus, I shudder to think what would
> have happened to him if someone got him and wasn't willing to emotionally
> and financially to get him the help he needs. What would they have done?
Put
> him to sleep? God forbid, Breed him?

Hi Sariena
I really commend you for working with Zeus -- there are too many people out
there that would just give him up.  I don't really have the experience with
this type of aggression/anxiety problems, but I'm sure there are plenty on
the list who can address your problems.

Your last statement reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend of
mine this weekend.  We took our Tibetan Mastiff over to their house for a
visit (and to let Shania get introduced to their two shelties), when my
friend told us that a woman she works with had just got a standard poodle.
Seems this poodle very alpha, to the point of being both aggressive and a
handling problem for the owner.  The breeder of this poodle told the new
owner that she should breed this dog, but because of it's aggressive
nature, that she would need to find a male that was as aggressive or more!
Neither of us could understand the logic behind doing this -- but
unfortunately, this reflects the mentality in our area.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Py