From: pyrnet-l-owner@pyrnet.org [mailto:pyrnet-l-owner@pyrnet.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 11:00 PM
To: pyrnet-l-digest@pyrnet.org
Subject: pyrnet-l-digest.20010522-2

pyrnet-l-digest-2                                   Tuesday, May 22, 2001

Re: [pyrnet]Reply/ Joe                 JGentzel@aol.com
[pyrnet] Ch Pyr Sire x Ch Pyr Dam =    Lnor4@aol.com
Re: [pyrnet] Ch Pyr Sire x Ch Pyr Da   lmweisser@home.com
Re: [pyrnet] Ch Pyr Sire x Ch Pyr Da   clhenke@juno.com
Re: [pyrnet] Ch Pyr Sire x Ch Pyr Da   Lnor4@aol.com
Re: [pyrnet] Ch Pyr Sire x Ch Pyr Da   Lnor4@aol.com
Re: [pyrnet] Hi, I'm new here          bamb@monmouth.com
Re: [pyrnet] Charlotte/Boot Camp       bamb@monmouth.com
Re: [pyrnet] Ch Pyr Sire x Ch Pyr Da   lmweisser@home.com
Re: [pyrnet] Ch Pyr Sire x Ch Pyr Da   lmweisser@home.com
Re: [pyrnet] Ch Pyr Sire x Ch Pyr Da   clhenke@juno.com
[pyrnet] Reply/ Hi I'm new here.       ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz
[pyrnet] Happy Brag                    adyment@attcanada.ca

        unsubscribe pyrnet-l-digest
as the BODY of the message.  The SUBJECT is ignored.

Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:52:11 EDT
From: JGentzel@aol.com
Subject: Re: [pyrnet]Reply/ Joe

--part1_cc.1550beac.283c398b_boundary

In a message dated 5/22/01 4:21:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rene1@sprint.ca
writes:

<<-Is this not a contradiction, "they do not" or they are "less likely" to>>

No, puppies (very young dogs) are less likely to be dangerous than adults.
That is no contradiction, do you think?

<<but I think you forget (do to you wonderful love of the breed) That a Pyr
is a canine, and all canines have the potential through circumstances, to
become their wild ancestors>>

I do not forget this, even if this was true, it is not what you have
described.  Your dog was not wild was it?  It was a puppy that you have
raised in your home with your children.

<<I just wanted to know if this is a growing problem with Pyrs as it seems to
be with >>

We do hear of this and much worse on occasion, but at least at the present
time it is not a problem with well bred dogs.  Back yard bred and many
working dogs bred with very poor examples including aggressive temperament is
only asking for it to happen and is not normal for the breed.  I will tell
you that most of the time when we hear this, if the problem is not fixed, the
results are fairly tragic.  Pyrs are not like most other dogs.  They are one
of the oldest breeds in existence and not a manufactured breed. Their
instincts are so ancient and ingrained that they are very reliable if bred
properly.  That is what we are most likely talking about here. A poorly bred
dog that is now showing signs of that unfortunate breeding.  All our good
wishes for the welfare of this dog cannot change that.  Rescue is full of
them and the numbers are growing (rescue that is, not sure about the
aggressiveness towards humans).  When rescue puts down dogs that are
aggressive towards humans, does this not give you some clue about the
dangerous nature of this poor dogs?