Re: [pyrnet] Hi, I'm also new here

In a message dated 05/23/2001 5:12:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
acustode@rational.com writes:

<< In terms of the barking... what about a citronella collar at night? When it
 was cold and the windows were closed, she couldn't hear all the noises
 outside and therefore would sleep soundly.  Now that the weather is warm and
 my windows are open, its really a problem because she barks at EVERYTHING
 and its a true nuisance. >>
Hi Adrienne
    Welcome to the list. I have an almost 2 year old male and he is pretty
good about not barking at night. He is a house dog, so spends his night
inside. When he barks at something, I just listen to what he is barking at
and tell him if it is OK. If he continues, I tell him no and if he is
insistent, he is sent to the floor and told to stay. He just hates that. It
seems to do the trick.
    As for the citronella collar, I have not heard much good about them.
Someone told me to try a squirt gun, but I seemed to hit everything but Pico.

Elaine and Pico