[pyrnet] a playmate for Ivy Rose

Just wanted to share the news that Ivy Rose will have a new playmate...and
the ache in our hearts left by Paddington's death will be eased just a
little. We leave for New Brunswick, Canada on Friday to pick up "Candle in
the Wind," a year-old bitch we plan to call victoria (Tori). She's not a
good show prospect so needs a pet home.
Ivy has been so lonesome, hating to be left home alone. She's not done
anything destructive, but on Sunday when we both went out we heard her
mournfully howling as we got into the car. It was all we could do to keep
going and not go back for her. She seems better this week--is even going
up into Paddington's sandbox, which she hasn't done since the day after
his death two weeks ago. That day, she curled up and slept in the box all
day and wanted nothing to do with anyone.
The two girls will have two weeks together in a kennel while we are on
vacation--in adjacent indoor/outdoor runs, with playtime together in the
play yard several times a day--so we're hoping they'll become good buddies
on neutral territory before we bring them home together.
I guess once the potato chip factor kicks in, there's no going back to one
pyr!!
Will be off the list for the next couple of weeks and will look forward to
catching up with all of you when I get back.
Ann, Peg and Ivy Rose