Re: [pyrnet] skinny dog

> Leo is looking extremely skinny again. His ribs don't show, but his
> hipbones are jutting out a bit. He is 21 months old, 32 inches tall and
> 115 pounds. I free feed him California Natural, plus he gets dog
> biscuits and occasional table scraps.
>
> Is it normal for adolescent Pyrs to look sort of rangy and skinny? I
> think he could easily stand to gain another fifteen or twenty pounds.
> Are there any fatty treats I could buy for him? Satin balls just seem
> like such a messy hassle...
>
> Katie

I'd be pleased as punch for Bear to weigh that 115lbs.  He's only 93lbs
right now.  I don't know if it's the heat or what the deal is but I took a
picture of him yesterday and destroyed it today.  He looks so gaunt in the
face.  What can be done to get him to eat more and gain some weight.

He eats twice a day.  Each time he gets one half to one whole can of Iams
mixed with 2 c of Nutro kibble.  He's eating it but he's not keeping it on.
The vet has checked him out and said that it's probably just the heat and
him running and playing more both inside and out since we brought Sugar Bear
home.

Suggestions?

Bridget in BAMA
Alabama Gulf Coast