RE: [pyrnet] chronic diarrhea

My Luna also has struggled with a diarrhea problem off an on for the past
several months.  Even after we cured her original giardia infection, the
problem would come and go.  I am somewhat neurotic about what I feed all my
dogs, and I have been a firm believer in feeding her "human grade" premium
dog foods as opposed to the cheaper varieties which include tons of filler
(like corn which passes right through them but can't be digested) and
by-products from the rendering plants (including diseased/tumored organs of
chickens/cows). I noticed that all the premium foods have much higher fiber
content than many of the cheaper foods and I've struggled to find premium
foods which have lower fiber content. Originally I tried California Natural,
Innova, Wysong, Flint River, and Avoderm, but the diarrhea persisted and
I've had to settle on Nutro Large Chunks which is naturally preserved and
doesn't include by-products but seems to stick with her better.  She seems
to like it just fine and for the past 2 months we haven't seen the problem.

BTW... has anyone seen the stupid commercial on TV for a cleaning product
called "Oxyclean"? It is one of these silly "slices/dices/but wait" type
commercials, but I tried it on some of my carpet stains after her last bout
with diarrhea and it actually worked wonders... I was pretty impressed.  Not
sure how it works, but it works.

-adrienne in CO