Re: [pyrnet] skinny dog

On 30 Jun 2001, at 14:32, Katie Allison Granju wrote:

> Is it normal for adolescent Pyrs to look sort of rangy and skinny? I
> think he could easily stand to gain another fifteen or twenty pounds.
> Are there any fatty treats I could buy for him? Satin balls just seem
> like such a messy hassle...

Katie, there are some lines that are slow to mature.  I have one of
those boys.  He was not neutered until age 3 and was very lean
until just this past fall.  He turned 5 this past May and has finally
reached what I consider will be his mature weight = 120. As long
as they are healthy and in good coat and skin condition, I don't
worry.  I have several porkers here and find it's harder to take
weight off once they pork up. <bg>. The males especially seem to
be skinny and rangy longer than the females.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico
http://members.aol.com/greatpyrenees/judys/judy.htm