Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs and hard wood floors

In a message dated 7/3/01 4:18:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kgranju@yahoo.com
writes:

The bad thing about Pergo, however, is that when it does scratch or get
messed up (which is difficult but not impossible to do), it can't be
refinished like real wood.

This is true but since it is laid out in rather small sections, you can just
replace that section.   To date (with heavy traffic and construction) our
pergo has held up extremely well.    We have had it for 1 1/2 yrs now (not so
long I know), however, given the "torture" it has endured it still looks as
if we just put it down.    The down side of real wood is the refinishing -
sanding, staining and buffing - in my house it would have to be done on a
weekly basis! LOL!

Dianne Migas - Jersey Shore
Steel Moment Great Pyrenees