Re: [pyrnet] Air conditioning hints (pyrnet-l-digest.20010707)

Robyn, Our house sits back against the woods, which helps with the time
the sun is on the west side.  Our trees planted in front are finally
getting to the point of being helpful.  One good thing is that my hubby
was very careful about where he wanted the air-conditioner unit placed,
so it is in the shade virtually the whole time.  In truth I know that for
the square footage of the house, we do very well in comparison to other
homes of the same size.  With all the rate increases this year though I
am really fed up with it, and complaining more.  I hate having the shades
pulled, but this year I am keeping things closed on the side the sun is
on, and then opening them when the sun is off, and shutting them on the
other side.  The house is 2235 sq. ft. and I think our last bill was at
$266.  We haven't hit the 100 plus degree weather yet, and I'm putting
the last of the new shades up today.  It should be an interesting summer,
fighting the utilities.  You folks over there have really great trees,
and I know that helps a lot!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas