[pyrnet] Pennsylvania dog show on Animal Planet

Hello,

I watched a dog show from PA on the Animal Planet this past weekend.  I payed special attention to the working group where the Pyr's were placed.  I was happy to see that a Pyr took third in this group (first was a doberman).  I noticed that this pyr carried its tail curled over the back a bit.  Not quite a full curl like a husky but still quite a curl.

I think I read in the Strang book that this is considered a fault or detraction. I suppose there is a certain limit to how much curl is acceptable.  Anyone have some clarification on this?  Also, what is the reason why a curl would be a fault?  Lastly, why the variation in standards between the US, Great Britain, and France, etc.?

Keith, Soo, and Dusty