Re: [pyrnet] Pennsylvania dog show on Animal Planet

Hi, In my Pyr Book it says in the breed standard,T.K.C- Tail: blah, blah,
.....Tail raises as dog becomes interested: curled high above back in a
circle when fully alert.
.
A.K.C- Tail: Blah, blah.....and curled high over the back, "making the
wheel" when alert.
So your guess is as good as mine, why books differ in their views, or when
quoting breed standards.
Sariena

.
>Hello,
>
>I watched a dog show from PA on the Animal Planet this past weekend.  I
payed special attention to the working group where the Pyr's were placed.  I
was happy to see that a Pyr took third in this group (first was a doberman).
 I noticed that this pyr carried its tail curled over the back a bit.  Not
quite a full curl like a husky but still quite a curl.

>I think I read in the Strang book that this is considered a fault or
detraction. I suppose there is a certain limit to how much curl is
acceptable.  Anyone have some clarification on this?  Also, what is the
reason why a curl would be a fault?  Lastly, why the variation in standards
between the US, Great Britain, and France, etc.?