[pyrnet] New Member

Hello from Sydney in Oklahoma,

I have a new puppy that I'd like to learn as much about as possible. I was
offered a puppy that was half GP and half Collie and I jumped at the
opportunity. We've been playing with the ideal of getting another dog as a
companion for our German Shepherd. We've justed moved to 5 acres in the
country so we've plenty of room. What we've got is a 3 mo old pup with the
build of a GP and the color of a Collie. I understand that the GP were bred
to stay with and protect the sheep but I don't know much more about them. He
is very friendly to the point of wandering off with strangers and I'm a
little concerned about his taking off on his own to visit the neighbors. My
GS won't let me out of her sight and never leaves the property. He also does
this cute thing when we go for a walk. He grabs on to the older dog's scruff
and walks along with her until he looses his grip then he gets another mouth
full. Are any of these GP traits?