Re: [pyrnet] A long story...

I am so sorry that this has happened. I know what I would do, but
then, I've owned a dangerous dog. On the day after quarantine, he
was rendered harmless. The interim Vet does not have a clue on
true Pyr temperament. But, he/she may have dealt with a nothing
but poorly bred Pyrs in the past. We have a Vet like that at the
clinic I use. He has since learned that all Pyrs are not created
equal, and my dogs DO NOT need to be muzzled! My best guess, in
the case of your dog's behavior, is that you have found the
catalyst that brings out his aggressive behavior. The car. There
are a lot of dogs who are over protective of the car. You may
start to see more of this behavior as the dog matures. It is very
difficult, when dealing with an unknown background on the dog, to
predict future temperament. A lot depends on the genetics
involved as well as previous handling by former owners. You have
a very difficult decision to make, and I'm very sorry that you
have to make it.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com