Re: [pyrnet] A long story...

>> Even if it were a top show dog, a beloved pet, with a well-known
pedigree, the reality is that there would likely be no choice but to
euthanize the dog.<<

    I have to agree here with Darryl. Sad though it is - you must wonder why
this dog was abandoned in the first place. The fact is that you will never
feel completely at ease with this dog again - and the child may never
completely recover from the experience.

   I have eight pyrs - and much as I adore each and every one, I would not
hesitate for an instant to euthanise any one of them if it harmed a child.
This is completely contrary to the intrinsic nature of this breed - and
should never - ever - be tolerated.

Geraldine

SheepRiver Great Pyrenees,
Alberta, Canada