RE: [pyrnet] Is this a sign of intelligence?

> I wondered if it was a coincidence that my 2 Pyrs don't catch. With
Garth, I
> would throw food at him and it would just bounce off his forehead.

With our guys, it's enough to get them to sit up for a treat -- don't
expect them to do anything fancy <VBG>.
Zoe in particular is the one who waits for you to place the treat in her
mouth.  She looks at you with an expression that says "If you want a dog
that does tricks, get yourself a lab!"  None of our Pyrs have ever played
with toys or performed tricks.  However, our TM loves toys and has even
been able to get the Pyrs to play with her.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs