Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010818

Matt,

Zack, Maude and Casey all came from families that no longer wanted, needed, had space, time, energy or whatever for them.  Each one of them has a special need, and they, of course, can never be shown or bred (no harm here -- that isn't my thing).  Casey is too short, has chronic ear infections and is way over weight.  But she is sweet and loving and smart...oh so smart!  Zack is just and enormous amount (101lbs) of love walking on four feet.  When we got him we had to promise to make sure he lost weight -- he has lost 7 pounds! He will always have to be on a special diet and he is worth evry penny of it!  Maude is a Pyr-Golden cross that grew, and grew, and grew -- her first family kept their Christmas puppy in a crate 22 hours a day.  She was rescued and fostered by two great Vet students.  She hates crates (Oh the surprise of it!<sneering G>) and is constantly worried, and she over re-acts to everything.  Each of these dogs have needed vet care and special attention.  BUT I KNEW this, I did not purchase a "perfect puppy" you must be very, very honest with yourself about Lola.  Do you REALLY want to spend the time and money to bring her back knowing she will never be that perfect puppy?
If you cannot say a wholehearted yes to that your decision is made.

When my husband and I went to class given by the state for adoption of children, one of the first things they told us was that unless you are willing AND able to give your all to these children you should not be here.  I feel the same way now about pets.

Tea
and Zack, Maude and Casey
and the cats, who prefer not to have their names appear on DOG pages --LOL