Re: [pyrnet] Re: Intro & new pup question

Title: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Intro & new pup question
LIsa -  LOL what a GREAT story!  Thanks so much for the image.  I would love to see a movie or picture of Panda in her pool.  My Emily digs at the cartoon figures and splashes around.  I put her toys in the pool and she works on cleaning them out.  Great fun for her.  I saw her lie down once in the shallow end but she mainly gets her feet and face wet.  Right now she's into playing catch with her stuffed toys.  She catches a few but most just bonk her on the head.  (-;

Julie

From: LHarmer@aol.com

snip

I got Panda a plastic swimming pool this summer, thinking she would like the
water.  She was VERY cautious about it at first -- standing next to it,
sniffing the water, putting in one toe, etc. etc.  Now whenever she sees me
pulling the pool out of the garage she immediately goes to the spot in the
yard where I typically fill it up and waits for me.  I plop the empty pool
down, she climbs in and sits regally in the center.  Then I fill the pool
with her sitting in it.  The whole time she just sits there like she's
sitting on a throne.   After 30 minutes or so of essentially soaking her tush
she gracefully stands, steps out of the pool, and doesn't look back until the
next time I bring it out.  (Yeah, I've examined her hind quarters to see if
she had inflammation or other signs of a medical problem that would be eased
by soaking in water, and see nothing.  I figure Panda simply thinks she is
too sophisticated to flop around in a plastic tub like your average dog.)

snip

Lisa, Panda the Pyr, and two rather bewildered cats
Rochester, New York