Re: [pyrnet] My Best Friend

nakhere@hotmail.com writes:

Are tumors of this type prevalent in this breed?

No, not to my knowledge.

<<Do some breeders
have more problems with this than others? >>

Those with problems would have to speak to this, but don't hold your breath.
I do not hear others talk of same but breeders with problems get very good at
not speaking of them.  I can only say in 30 years with about 30 dogs in
residence during that time we have seen one tumor like you descried.  It was
removed and has not reoccurred in a couple years.  The male was also
neutered.  Not sure there is any correlation but it just also happens to be
the one with the PL problem I referenced earlier.  So if there is a genetic
familial problem we would be ignorant of same as he is inbred on a dog and
bitch not from our line.  His Dam does have a connection with the lines your
dog cam from, but again one incidence is too antidotal to have any relevance.
 One might watch for same in these descendants now in the future to see is
there is any degree of connection.

Joe