Re: [pyrnet] Cruciate Ligament Disease

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janice Swenson" <janices@austin.rr.com>

In the giant breeds lateral is more
common and happens even young.  >>

Virtually all of the PL in young (4-6 mos) dogs that has been reported has
been medial.  Vets are usually startled to see lateral luxation because
across the range of dogs, medial is clearly the most seen.

BTW, the health committee (in this case Mike Jourdan) is setting up what we
hope will be central reporting and database for PL in the breed.  We still
want those cases reported to the general survey but we hope to narrow down
some information with condition specific data.

Linda