Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: Life after Clondike

----- Original Message -----
From: "David P Kintsfather Jr" <kintsfat@kutztown.edu>
To: <PYR-L@APPLE.EASE.LSOFT.COM>
Cc: <LGD-L@APPLE.EASE.LSOFT.COM>; <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>;
<endlesslove@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 8:27 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] CHAT: Life after Clondike

> Clondike was a Great Pyrenees bitch who went to the Rainbow Bridge in
> Feb. at the age of 13 and 3 months.  She came from a humble background as
> a puppymill/petstore dog who at 11 months outgrew her row house in NYC and
> came to live with us courtesy of Penn-Dutch and PFNE Pyr Rescue groups.
>
> Clondike taught us a lot about life and love,
> Clondike lived 32 months from diagnosis with lymphoma, doubling the life
> expectancy for dogs treated at this clinic, and she continued to amaze all
> her vets with her spirit and love of life.  An x-ray taken 3 days before
> she had to be euthanized for complications of arthritis and old age showed
> no obvious cancer, so she was a cancer survivor!

Clondike was definately one of a kind. And a wonderful ambassodor for Pyrs
and pyr rescue. You are to be commended for sticking by your brave girl
during her battle with cancer. And for loving her enough to release her to
the bridge when she no longer had quality of life. This is a terribly hard
thing to do. Too often people postpone this kindness because they can't bear
to say goodbye. And it is the animal that suffers because of their inability
to put the animals welfare ahead of their own. Your girl will be sorely
missed.

> While we had planned to wait a few months before taking on another Pyr, in
> a matter of weeks we got an urgent call from Penn-Dutch Rescue asking if
> we could foster a 3 1/2 year-old bitch named Abigail for "a week or
> 2 and within 24 hours she had stolen
> our hearts.
> We have just signed the papers to formally adopt Abigail, >
> Clondike's loss has been really hard on Nancy and me, but with the support
> of friends all over the world and the love of Ms. Abigail we are managing.
> Hugs to all,
>
> David, Nancy, Abigail (the Prozac Princess) and Angel Clondike (still very
> much with us in spirit)

Clondike is no doubt pleased that Abigail has come into your lives. She
would want you to have another pyr to help and to love. Abigial is a very
lucky girl indeed! I hope she brings you many years of love and happiness.
Marie and Beau