Re: [pyrnet] Goat milk

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robyn Allwright" <ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Goat milk

> Was it a bad sentence?  The Sandburgs used to have Rock Alpine
> > goats and bred them up to where they were quite famous. Don't know
> > what dogs were kept.
> >

> Now, they have Nubians, Toggenbergs, and Saanan in their Guess it
was the way it was worflock -- no more

=======>
>     I can see where a variety of  breeds would be better under those
circumstances.  I believe the Rock Alpine exists now only as a
foundation breed for the Oberhasli.  But they were common in those
days and a good breed, I thought. Though I have not strayed far from
Nubians, I did have some Toggs and always liked Saanen, but people
where I am confuse the white goat with field goats and do not want to
pay much for them.

   Thanks for the message.

  Hermit in the Woods