Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010908

Title: Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010908
Actually my Pyr coat is very nice - easy to brush, not much shedding, no tangles.  Is that a lucky first year thing?  Now my Husky on the other hand is blowing her coat big time - good for lining the bird nests that don't migrate at least or squirrel places for the winter to come.

Julie

From: JGentzel@aol.com
                 snip
raven4luck@home.com writes:

Someone saw her at the vet and said she was a cross but she's
purebred.  Maybe it takes a while before the full adult coat comes in?  My
girl is 7 months now.  Hasn't gotten the soap but did carry out my cleaning
bucket and mop and chewed on both.

There is a change from Puppy to Adult coat.  I would not worry too much about
it.  You also have different coats.  The long coat you may think is correct
may not really be that correct.  Some lines have bred coats too long to be
correct historically.  So maybe your expectations are not correct as well.
Anyway your dog will not be fully mature until it is over two years old and
some lines not fully mature until four years old.  Coat is all part of this.
This is also the worst time of year anywhere for coats.

Joe