[pyrnet] Day two

Need to vent a little.  Called our local Red Cross yesterday to find out
when we could donate blood (hopefully close to home).  They had already
announced on TV that there was a need for O and Rh-negative blood.  My
husband and I are among the rarest blood types A & AB negative.  This was at
11 Central time.  My questions were treated cavalierly.  No special efforts
were being made to set up additional times to donate?  Could the donation be
made with the specific request that it go to that area?  No Red Cross
decides what to do with it.  Are the victims in the hospital charged for the
blood?  Well yes!  Probably at least for handling and shipping it out there.

Is anyone else outraged by this from a charitable organization is charging
for what is literally and figuratively "life's blood"?

I will call the "800" number being given on TV this morning and see if there
is anyone there that can give intelligent answers to my questions.

Caryl (Kansas City)