[pyrnet] Re: Newman's patchy, dark look

>     Newman seems to have a bit of an eye irritation in one eye. Although =
> it doesn't seem swollen or overly red, nor does it SEEM to be "weepy", =
> the area under it is developing a patchy, dark look, as if from tearing. =

Having had two cockers with 'dry eye', I'd advise you to get the dog to a vet
to be tested for dry eye.  The condition causes excessive tearing and can
eventually lead to blindness if not treated.  The treatment is
simple...cyclosporin eye drops for life.  I think it can also be added to food,
but I always preferred to treat the eye instead of the whole dog.  Perhaps
there are other treatments by now, as my last dog with the condition died about
5 years ago.

Since only one eye is affected, it sounds more like dry eye than an allergy.

Have I introduced myself on this pyr list?  If not, I'm Sandy Fields...now
dog-less after 20 years of owning/breeding/training/showing/loving cocker
spaniels.  My next dog will be a Great Pyrenees.

--Sandy in Atlanta