Re: [pyrnet] Taliban Burning Dogs

Linda,
You are, in part right.  Some dogs DO have a place in the muslim religion.  However, I reference . . .

Allah's Apostle
said, "Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily, unless the dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle."

I heard Allah's Apostle
saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

Action Items for the uttaqun:
Do not allow a dog in your house as a pet or any other non-necessary reason.
When you hear a dog bark at night, say "audhu billah" ("I seek refuge in Allah").
Do not own a dog unless used for hunting, or as a guard dog to people or animals such as cattle, or any other necessary reason such as a help to the blind, etc.
It is no sin to kill a rabid dog, even in the Masjid
If using a dog for hunting, always say "Bismillah" (In the Name of Allah) before releasing it to catch prey.  If another dog may have killed the animal other than the one you said "Bismillah" on, then do not eat the animal.
Kill a dog that is pure black.  Take the pure black dog to the dog pound; they automatically "put down" (i.e. "put to sleep", kill) a dog after a few weeks of no-one claiming the dog.
Do not sell a dog for a price.
Have mercy on a dog (that is not pure black) who needs help to survive.

For more information go to:  http://muttaqun.com/dogs.html

I guess it's a good thing that the pyrs are white . . .

John