Re: [pyrnet] Taliban Burning Dogs

<< Linda,
> You are, in part right.  Some dogs DO have a place in the muslim
> religion.  However, I reference . . .>>

Apparently working dogs have at least *some* acceptance.

I saw a really interesting story on dogs in Iran awhile back. It seems
that dogs are gradually becoming more popular as pets in Iran, in part
because of the influence of Western culture. Iranian children see the
blissful images of Western kids frolicking with dogs and want one, too.

One family quoted in the story had a German shepherd and a small Shih
Tzu type house dog. Authorities went to their house and left the GSD,
because it is a guard dog, but took the small dog that slept under their
bed.

The Taliban is so extreme and strange. They consider keeping caged birds
a crime.

Darrell Goolsbee
Fort Worth, TX