[pyrnet] Dogs/Kids/Fear

Pam, boy howdy do I know what you mean.  As I've said on the list before I also have one of those friends.  Her children are terrified of Bear and Sugar and they too are put into their room when they come over.

Can you imagine how they feel when this is their house and they have to be put away because someone else wants them put away?  What about all the love they want and aren't getting from them?

I did a Premier show for this same friend last night at my house (hers is too small she said) and instead of putting the dogs in the breakfast room (which is their room ~ their toys, beds and other stuff is in there) I put them upstairs.  They had 1580sf to tear up and they enjoyed it much better.  Not to mention they had a considerably better view of the yard and street.  I could hear them up there running and jumping and playing and that made me feel a little better about having "lock-down" in their own house.

I've told Todd that I'm going to start going to her "too small" house to visit and just leave the pups running the house.  I do have to say that she gave each of them treats last night.  Bear was even behaved enough to say "please."

People need to stop telling their children horror stories about dogs and other animals.  That's what's wrong with my friend.  Her mother did it to her and now she's doing it to her children.  Her middle child told me, after screaming and tearing onto the sofa that she didn't want Bear to touch her because "dogs have worms in their bellies."  I almost died!!!!!  I'm thinking MY DOG?!  We all get sick and some dogs do have worms in their bellies but Bear and Sugar don't have worms, baby, is what I told her.  Still she didn't want to have anything to do with them.  When her mom isn't around she does much better and has even pet both the babies.

Well, that's my rant for the day!!!  I'll be able to view Bear and Sugar Bear's portrait some time next week.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  You guys should check out this lady's site.  She does incredible work!  (Just in case you're wondering, I'm not getting a discount for telling you about her. I just think she's very talented and disserves a look.)

Here is all of her info...

Sally Logue - Animal Portrait Artist
8 Roods Drive, Kirkoswald, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 1EH. United Kingdom
Tel 01768 898495  www.sallylogue.co.uk and Online Gallery www.portraits4pets.com

Ya'll take care,

Bridget, Bear and Sugar Bear
South Alabama, USA