[pyrnet] RE:Some Very Sad News

I'd thought I'd share with you Pyr lovers just a bit of my grief. As most of you all know I have been fighting a battle with aggression and training with my Pyr Zeus. Well my battle, actually my crusade, is over. Zeus is gone.

I had to have him put to sleep, Not in any way related to aggression, but a serious medical problem. He was acting not quite right the other evening, by the morning he was quite bad, like he was in a trance. By the time I got him to the vet, his pupil was "fixed" and there was allot of blood behind his eye. The vet said it looked like a tumour in his brain had ruptured and he needed to be put to sleep.
The vet also said that, although he could not be positive, he suspects that it had been there a very long time, possibly since his aggression first reared its ugly head.
There has been subtle signs for awhile in hind sight, like he started having accidents frequently on the floor, chewing everything insight ect. At the time I thought it was a ploy for more attention, as our training had slowed down lately do to renovations were're doing on the house. But the vet suspects he was regressing back to puppy hood, a symptom of the tumour.

My journey with Zeus was a long, hard and sometimes heartbreaking one, but given the chance to go back in time, even knowing what I know, I would do it all over again in a second!  Just to know and love him once again.

Aggression was not all who he was. It was a very small part of his personality. The Zeus I knew was a wonderful bouncy puppy, who became my best friend. I'll miss him forever. And if this horrible ache in the pit of my stomach ever goes away, I'm determined to only remember the good in him and totally wipe the bad from my memory.

Thanks for listening, and for all your support through out our troubling times.
Maybe some day I will be lucky enough to love another Pyr.

Sariena Foley
Proud mom of Zeus Great Pyr