Re: [pyrnet] Re: why the double dewies?

Snowshoe effect has always been my guess. Although we will never know for sure. One big diff between the DD's on a Pyr and on a lot of other breeds (that have them) is that a Pyr's DD's are not attached by a mere piece of skin, but cartilege. Removing them is more like amputation as they are quite firmly attached to the leg.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com