Re: [pyrnet] Re: why the double dewies?

Barb,
Thank you for explaining the cartilage, I was once told the dew claws could be ripped off.

Once in a while I will put my Pyr a 30' chain to run around the yard.  I never leave him out of sight for more than a couple minutes because he always tangles himself up.  One day he did this and he was squealing in the worse pain.  I could not get him fast enough,  One of his dewclaws had gotten caught in the links of the chain.  As he panicked, the chain pulled more on his dew claw.  I thought for sure he was going to lose his dew claw.  I was able to calm him down, and get him loose.  No damage.  Those toes are a lot sturdier than they appear.

Marie Gorman
Franklin, MA