[pyrnet] Fw: Pyrs strange tastes

The best part about the local agricultural fairs (after the animals) is the plethora of junk food.  Our local fair is the largest and oldest in the state of Maine and we get everything.  So when my brother in law and friends decided to come up at the last minute for the weekend the only place they could park their Travel homes was my yard.  We made a deal -- in exchange for living in my front yard for three days they would bring my husband and I some reeeaaaalllly good fair food.  A funnel cake, Italian Sausage and a Bloomin' Onion.  Now this is no easy task, although there is only one place for funnel cake, finding the best Italian Sausage (hot Italian Sausage smothered in sautéed green pepper and onion and put grease and all into a fresh sub roll) and the best blooming onion is a chore.  But a deal is a deal.  So after going through all the booths and checking out everything and asking advice of the locals they found just the right place for The Sausage and The B. Onion.  True to their mission they picked up the food the last thing and hustled it out of the Fair Grounds and headed home 7 miles through bumper to bumper traffic.  My husband was home and knowing that the only thing I really cared about was the onion (and afraid of an untimely and horrible death if he touched my onion) he carefully turn the oven to warm and placed the onion and the horseradish sauce in the oven.  Now with a yard full of strangers you can just guess that Maude, Casey and Zack were in full chorus every minute they were outside.
Dear Husband decided that he did not want to be chorused to, so he brought said dogs inside.  Now our Casey, who looked more like the sheep then the Shepard when we first got her, has begun to slim down -- through no fault of her own. She has the best nose for available food going and she is not a sharer -- Share is not only not in her vocabulary -- it isn't in the language she speaks.  Maude, is the giving sort. As long as you roll her over and tear it out of her jaws.  But she is a picky eater -- very selective our Maude... Only the best.  Zack is the mechanic -- if it is shut he opens it and then shows the girls how to do it so he doesn't have to be bother to do it  a second time.  And if there is food involved -- Well let's just say that Zack WILL get his portion.  DH, not wanting me to burn my fingers when I greedily grasped MY onion left the towel on the oven door. And the fates laughed. Hmmm the scent of fresh deep fat fried onion wafted through the air curling up the three black noses. Hmmm said the team -- we can do this.. but we must be quiet or HE who sleeps with she who must be obeyed will catch is.  Hmmm then we must share.  What! Hush... quietly now.  First you grab the towel and tug.. I got a paw in --oh, oh hot ow --HUSH.  But it's hot --pull the towel..  there! the door is down now.. just the food -- OH sauce I get the sauce --Quiet --there here it is out. Now.  snarf, gobble, crunch --Maude you are eating the plate! --Hush....
When I got home from work and hour later then everyone else -- they were all sitting mournfully quiet around the campfire (well okay kerosene heater) in my driveway.  The dogs, silent. Not a peep.  As I came up the drive my sister in law said --" I really did bring it to you. " My first inkling that all was not wonderful, my husband hands me the little plastic soufflé cup that at one time contained the horseradish sauce for my onion.. "I saved this for you".. I asked who ate my onion -- only silence-- then a lonesome lonely --RRuuufff -- and quiet.  Then everyone started laughing -- and I said
"Mitch you ATE my onion !"
-- and he said "No-- the dogs did."
"You left my onion on the counter" (this is high treason in a house where even the garbage goes in the microwave under the cupboard and hopefully out of the dogs reach)
"Nope the oven"
"The Oven?"
"Yep"
"They opened the oven -- give me a break"
"Go see YOUR dogs--they ate your onion"

Do you know how hard it is to get grease off white fur? -- All three of them had onion breathe -- but not a scrap of onion was left!.

Now we have a new rule in the house -- no towels on any appliance doors -- because Zack figured that if he could use the towel trick on the oven -- it might just work on the refrigerator. I think it is really sad when a dog will eat, salad, salsa and tuna fish.  To say nothing of hamburger, chicken and custard.-- Did they get a stomach ache, a gas attach -- NO, but I sure have been busy on the pen pick up duty.

I was going to throw them all out -- but as Mitch pointed out they would just follow the crumbs back home and be very hungry when they got here.  LOL

Tea
going out to buy groceries no and a padlock (do you think they will learn the combination? <VBG>