Re: [pyrnet] Onions and garlic

I know you do the testing and this is what she refers to as know your dogs and seek professional advice.   however, most people cannot afford to do this nor as you know even think to do this.   they do not have the deal you have with your vet to make this feasible for many people.   that is why she also says  "When misused or used over a long period of time, garlic may cause Heinz-body anemia, a potentially life threatening disease if gone undetected"   the key word being "may".

as my previous post indicates - each dog is different.   your bo can't tolerate aspirins coated or not - where as my dogs all can.   so it is different for each dog.

just want people to be careful - they might assume that because this is what you do, it is ok where as their dogs may have a problem with it.    too many people self medicate themselves and now it is spilling over to their animals as well (not that you do!).   just because it is natural does not mean it cannot hurt them.   all herbs should be used with respect and quality of the herbs used must be considered as well.

give my handsome bo a big kiss and i don't care if has 'garlic' breath vbg!

Dianne