RE: [pyrnet] (Sigh) Another Barking Question

>> I already know from an experiment with a Dog Watch fence that Athena
would
ignore a shock collar. So it seems my two options are a citronella collar
or debarking. <<

Claire,
	I did use a shock collar on one of my dogs who was a chronic barker.
Even thought Athena ignored the collar for a fence, she may not  ignore a
bark collar. A fence collar will shock the dog when they are close to the
fence, but once they are through, the shock stops. The bark collar will
shock her when she barks. It is an immediate cause and affect. I believe it
is also good to do your shopping. I spent over $100 for the collar that I
bought, but it came with different sizes of contact points and the shock was
adjustable. I tried it on myself before I used it for Garth and it a
definite surprise, but there was no residual affect. The only concern I
might have is Athena being outside with the collar on. It is kind of bulky
and I might be concerned about her getting hung up on something. The company
that made the collar is tri-tronic.

Elaine and Pico