RE: [pyrnet] (Sigh) Another Barking Question

OK, I have to ask....Debarking her? Do you mean they actually do surgery on
the dog so that they can't bark? Really?
If this is so, in my opinion this would NOT be they way to go. I can't
believe they actually do that.
I do sympathize, Zeus was a compulsive barker, he'd be looking up at the sky
barking, barked at fire flies, the wind, I found that what really worked for
me was crating him at night but what really got him to stop...or at least
stop when told was a muzzle. It was a nylon open end one, that allowed him
to eat drink and pant.

Each and every time he would get to barking for no reason, I'd tell him to
be quiet, if he did not listen, out came the muzzle. He never fought it
going on but really hated wearing it. I'd put it on for an hour or so, when
I took it off I'd again remind him to be quiet, and he would.

It got to the point that all I had to do was show him the muzzle and he was
quiet.
It might take a month or so for her to get the idea, but it's worth it in
the long run. I just don't like the idea of unnecessary surgery. Just my
opinion.

Sariena