RE: [pyrnet] Pyr Barking -- "devil's advocate" was RE: pyrnet-l-digest.20011029

> Geez...I hope this wasn't directed at me? Since mine was the last post on
> the issue.

My comment was definitely not directed at you!!  But when the question was
asked -- I had to give my shillings worth.  You see, I know a peorson
personally, who took on a Pyr, and then found it too much of an
inconvenience.  We don't have problems with the barking, although I do try
to keep my guys under control.  A short bark is OK, but when they keep it
up for seemingly no reason at all, they have to go in for "quiet time".
However, I've been extremely pleased -- we currently have workmen here
building the new house, and the dogs have been extremely good with them
here.  Kes got quite upset this morning, though.  She kept barking at Steve
while he walked around picking up odd bits of wood.  Turned out, he hadn't
gone over to say hello to her when he first got there.  After he made a
fuss over her (through the fence), she was fine.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastif