[pyrnet] How cold is too cold

I have a 6 month old Great Pyrenees, named Jack.  Jack does not want to
sleep indoors, and I am always worrying about him in the middle of night.
It's starting to get very cold and I'm not sure what is considered too cold
for him.  He is on our breezeway in a crate so he's not exposed to the
elements. His crate is well cushioned and I put two wool blankets over the
top but I still worry and wish he would sleep inside with us. Regardless of
how hard I've tried to make that happen I always end up letting him out.
I've tried bringing the crate inside, I've placed it in different areas of
our home, some colder, some warmer.  Last night I even tried sleeping
downstairs with him next to me but by 3:00 AM he was panting and crying so
out he went.  (It was 20 degrees outside)  So I guess I need to know how
cold does it have to be before it becomes dangerous for him to be out there?
Sheryl