Re: [pyrnet] How cold is too cold

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan and Sheryl Sutton" <dssutton@frontiernet.net>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 9:49 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] How cold is too cold

> I have a 6 month old Great Pyrenees, named Jack.  Jack does not want to
> sleep indoors, and I am always worrying about him in the middle of night.
> It's starting to get very cold and I'm not sure what is considered too
cold
> for him.  > Sheryl

I am not really sure how cold is too cold as I live in the south. I do
remember standing in the doorway pleading with Beau to come in when we were
supposed to have a hard freeze. He would simply stand out in the yard and
look at me as if he had no idea what I wanted. And would refuse to come in.
He really loved the cold. I would think as long as there is shelter in the
event of snow, sleet, or rain. That the dog would be fine outside as long as
your neighbors don't mind barking. And you have secure fencing and a dog
that is not a "disappyr". We have had unusually cold weather here the last
few days. My little mutt girl (lab/ border collie) doesn't want to stay out
for long. But the cold doesn't seem to faze Valentino much. Remember these
dogs were originally bred for mountain weather. And are pretty hardy.
Marie, Beau the angel pyr and Valentino