Re: [pyrnet] Pyr on ice

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> Is this funny or dangerous?
If she's *never* going to encounter a deeper pond, it may be OK, but I'd
teach "off ice" as a no-nonsense command if she's off leash. We used to
walk with a group of dogs and their people in a wooded area where we could
let the dogs off-leash, and it was one of the commands the trainer who
accompanied us insisted on all of them learning. She'd had two incidents
when she or another member of the group had to go into the icy water after
a dog that had broken through. Not worth taking a chance.
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori