RE: [pyrnet] I just received this RE: Virus

> If you work behind a firewall, the first time Norton Anti-virus
> tries to go
> out and access the internet you will get a warning.  Most
> firewalls give the
> option to allow the access always, never or this time only.  With Norton I
> would recommend the always.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Tea

Hi Tea,
I do have Norton's Internet Security (personal firewall) but I found it very
annoying, it always would interrupt and tell me this program was trying to
dial out, or that on was trying to download. I ended up blocking everything,
and it turns out I was blocking certain cookies that I needed to go to a
site, or not letting certain live updates to take place.
My friend told me that some things need to be allowed access and some did
not, but there was no explanation in Norton's which program should be
allowed access and which shouldn't. All it would say was Low, med, high,
ect.
So instead of guessing, I disabled it.
Anyone know of a Norton's book for dummies?

That's another difference between Mac and Windows, in Mac all programs,
system tools, extensions, ect are clearly named. So if you needed to fix or
delete all the essential files for a program, you'd look for everything with
that name.
Where as allot of Window's files have confusing code names like "mciseq"
Who the heck would know what that is or if that was an essential file?

Sorry just venting about my inadequacies in figuring this thing out!
Sariena