[pyrnet] ice and off-leash

Rosie, who is now 2 1/2, has been walking off leash since she was a puppy. She always walked with our older dog. We don't walk in public places because the temptation to socialize and get into mischief would be too great. We have about five places that we take her regularly.  She doesn't always come right away, but we have never had a problem. This fall we took Rosie on a hike to a new place without our other dog to test her, and she was great.  Based on this experience, I think the key was being with the older dog, a Pyr/Lab mix and starting young so they know what's expected.

Alison Watkins