Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20020112

Suzanne- I know most people hate (or distrust) the Invisible Fence.  We have about 6 acres enclosed with the Invisible Fence and two Pyrs.  We've had absolutely no problem.  Of course, when we're not home, they stay in their pen, which is about 50' x 100'.  When I get home from work, I let them out to romp in the woods and the pastures until they're ready to come in for the evening (or until I have to go and get them so I can go to bed).  They've never crossed the fence line, Finny won't even go NEAR it.  Gus will chase things (well, what's left to chase)up to about 5' from the line, and then STOP IN HIS TRACKS.  WE LOVE IT.  I personally think it's all in the training.  My neighbor has lab mixes who plow right thru her fence.  I guess I'm the one dissenting vote when it comes to the Invisible Fence, but I'd recommend it to anyone.  The IF people said it won't work for 5% of dogs, if yours is one of them, you'll get your money back.   Too bad it doesn't work for horses...

Sue, Gus, Finny
Bath PA