Re: [pyrnet] BARF diet

----- Original Message -----
From: <Steelmoment@aol.com>

You can blame breeding for allergies - but we also have a mutt (your all
american mutt everyone has seen one just like him vbg).   <snip> He ate
kibble for
about 2 months and within those two months we had multiple trips to the vet
for skin and ear infections, runny eyes.... >>

And there is nothing to say that his problems were/are also not genetic.
Mutts are not somehow magically protected from the genetic errors that seem
to plague purebreds.  That being said, I also realize that once you have a
dog with serious allergies, it doesn't much matter *how* it got them.  If
BARF works, do it !!  My comments were probably most truly addressed to
breeders in an attempt to say that just because allergies are not lethal nor
crippling (in the common sense) does not give us license to keep breeding
dogs who have allergy problems or produce them in their offspring.

Linda