Re: [pyrnet] BARF diet

In a message dated 1/22/2002 11:03:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, bamb@monmouth.com writes:

Linda, never promise!  <VBG> I DO NOT BARF my dogs, but I do recommend that people look into it, especially if their dogs are having problems with allergies. Right Dianne? <G> I will probably give BARF feeding a go at some point. I have no problem with feeding raw meat. It's the veggies that get me. Seems I'm pretty much a carnivore myself! <G> Although, my meat is cooked. Is there a list out there in BARFland for people who are veggie challenged? <EG>

It has helped my 8 yr old bitch who suffered from ear allergies all her life.   I tried all different foods (right Barb g) with no relief.     Within a week they were gone - and what a joy for her and I.    I clean her ears once a month as with the other two pyrs.

You can blame breeding for allergies - but we also have a mutt (your all american mutt everyone has seen one just like him vbg).   When he was first rescued I started him on Barf - however, he was from the streets and tended to gulp instead of chew.   To be honest this scared the dickens out of me.    My husband felt he was too thin and bought him kibble.   He ate kibble for about 2 months and within those two months we had multiple trips to the vet for skin and ear infections, runny eyes....

During this time I had resigned from my job and was able to stay home.   Weenie (mutt) was put back on Barf - and has learned to chew!   This took some patience and time (which I now have) but it has worked.   The dog looks great and is as happy as can be.

Dianne