[pyrnet] Re: [OT] Stephen King

<< My friend tells me 'The Shining' was filmed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes
Park?  Keep that in mind, when all of us attend the Specialty in April !>>

I don't know if it was filmed there, but I DO know that SK wrote the some of
his book "the Shining" while staying at the hotel.  When I made my
reservations for Estes Park, I asked for THAT particular room, but the hotel
said that room is booked up years in advance.

According to the Stanley Hotel's website (www.stanleyhotel.com):

"Then, of course, there is the very special connection to Stephen King and
his book, "The Shining." Mr. King wrote about half of his novel in room 217!
He most recently returned to make the ABC mini-series, "The Shining," which
he chose to do so the viewing public could enjoy the story as he had
originally written it."

Enjoy!

Karen Reiter (who has almost every First Edition SK book <bg>)
kreiter@localaccess.com