Re: [pyrnet] Don't get no respect

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 1:06 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] Don't get no respect

LOL. Just don't get no respect. Sometimes I wish I were bigger so I could "loom" over Newman, look down and boom with a very large voice.  Somehow, when you're small, it's hard to command any respect from ANYBODY, much less a dog as big as he is.

You just need to hit upon the right tone of voice. I am 5"1' and 125 pounds. And could still make Beau back down even though he outweighed me and I couldn't loom over him if my life depended on it. Size does not an alpha make. If your dog knows you are not going to take any gruff off them they will respect you. If they know you are easy to intimidate they will take full advantage of the situation. You need to lay down the law and be prepared to back it up if they try to push the issue.
Marie, Valentino and angel Beau