Re: [pyrnet] Strokes and heart attacks.

In a message dated 2/9/02 7:06:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, srwhitney1@earthlink.net writes:

Hard to
explain what it looked like but we were sure that he was having a heart
attack.  He died before we got him to the emergency vet.  His heart didn't
just stop.  It appeared to be a violent sort of event.

It is not uncommon to see valve problems that are seemingly sudden onset in especially older animals.  This is very violent, but not what Linda was speaking.  This would not be a classic "Heart Attack," as that is occlusion of the coronary arteries that supply blood (and oxygen) to the Heart Muscle itself.  CHF is much different and so are valve problems.

Joe