Re: [pyrnet] Finicky Romy

In a message dated 02/14/2002 10:34:09 AM Eastern Standard Time, LESRVG@aol.com writes:

Hi all,
Do Pyr pups slow down growth around 8 months?  Romy (male) is not gaining as
much weight as in the past (about 4-5 lbs last month, where for the past
bunch of months he has gained about 10 lbs/mth or more).  He is also becoming
rather picky about his food...we have to pour over some canned stuff with
gravy and stir it well to get him to eat it.

Otherwise, he is the same pup as always.  Very playful, happy, etc.  He is
about 75lbs at 8mths, 27" at the shoulder, good flesh, etc.

Should I be concerned or is this the normal growth pattern?

Keith, Soo, Dusty, and Romy

We have a 7 month male named Duncan that I've been taking to the vet to weigh each month to see how he develops. He weighed 84.5 lbs. today, which was up 6 lbs. from his visit last month, and was 28" when I measured him this week. Like your boy he was putting over 10 lbs. each month up to this point, so I'm sure this is a natural slow down at this age. I am curious if anyone has monitored how much height they normally gain after 7 months? I know for the most part they've attained their adult height by 12 months.  I can't remember how much our female Bella grew after that age.
Charlie