Re: [pyrnet] Anais

Stephanie, so glad that Anais is on the mend. Crocus and Daffodil
bulbs as well as many other bulbs and tuberous roots are quite
toxic to dogs. We had a pup that dug up some Crocus, and although
I don't think she ate them, she did puncture them with her teeth.
She had a small seizure, which scared the heck out of me. That's
when I found she had gotten into the bulbs. We went to the Vet
and she said they certainly could have caused that reaction. We
spent the next week or so closely supervising her time outdoors
and digging up and transplanting all the bulbs outside of the dog
area. She was about 4 months old at the time.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com