Re: [pyrnet] Introduction & question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Farms" <russfarm@nexicom.net>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 7:35 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] Introduction & question

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new to this list and am hoping to learn a bit about Great Pyrenees
dogs
> as we are planning on getting a puppy soon to live with our sheep as a
> livestock guardian (we have trouble with coyotes).
>
> Heidi in Catskills of New York mentioned having a black lab dog.  We have
> two labs - a spayed female and an intact male.  Will a Great Pyr learn to
> live with and accept these dogs
> Meg in Ontario

Hello Meg and welcome to the list. I do animal rescue with pyrs as my
primary breed. I am not sure if there would be a difference in a farm
setting. But my pyr Valentino has a black lab/ border collie sister that he
gets along with famously. They are both about the same age and the same
level of puppy enthusiasm. And they just adore each other. There are several
people with working pyrs who maybe able to answer your question better. But
my pyr and lab mix are best buddies.
Marie, Valentino and angel Beau